Resplendent of a traditional Balinese home, Puri Darma Agung is nestled within the confines of a secured compound. Structurally, the villa is a collection of thatched roof pavilions; each one with a sense of space and purpose.
The property is blessed with an extensive garden of indigenous flora and gentle waterways. There is a Hindu shrine set within a pond where staff place daily flower offerings to appease the Gods.
Airconditioned four bedrooms with en suites are separated by a long waterway and matching paths for extra privacy. Both rooms have been designed to capture the mood of a restful sanctuary with classic timber furnishings and contemporary Balinese artworks.
Each bedroom features a walk-in-robe with safety deposit box for valuables. The lavish en-suite bathrooms come with a modern rain shower facility as well as a large outdoor bath tub for spa-styled bathing indulgence.
An open-plan living pavilion features a modern kitchen with sweeping views over the neighboring rice terraces. There is also a dining environment overlooking the pool and a separate area for relaxation.
The living pavilion is defined by a tasteful décor that is warm and inviting. Carved timber furnishings are balanced by a fine collection of Balinese musical instruments and other interesting local artifacts.
The generous sized swimming pool, edged in creamy stone, is ideal for laps or just cooling off. It incorporates a Jacuzzi that is shaded by a wide pergola totally covered in hanging foliage to keep out the sun.
At the bottom of the garden is an elevated Balinese gazebo featuring an assortment of jewel colored cushions. It is a charming niche to enjoy a leisurely nap, read a book or just escape for some quiet time alone.
Ubud town is just minutes away
Ubud is famous for its numerous art galleries, writers, music & dance festivals, ancient temples and palaces. The shops and markets here are filled with handicrafts, wood carvings, paintings, textiles and jewellery made by the local art and craft communities, whilst Ubud’s museums showcase the island’s rich history. Located 300m above sea level, Ubud enjoys a fresh, cooler climate and the countryside provides an abundance of walking trails through the lush ricefields. Rafting and other popular outdoor activities are just a few minutes away with the beach only a 40 minute drive away.
Accommodation and Facilities
- Set in ricefields 10 minutes out of Ubud
- Four contemporary air conditioned suites with King/Queen/Single size beds, accommodating up to 8 adults & children
- Four large ensuite bathrooms including 2 with large bathtubs and separate showers
- Large open air living and dining pavilion overlooking the pool, spacious tropical gardens and ricefields. Includes comfortable lounges and dining area for up to 8 people.
- Generous private swimming pool and jacuzzi, with outdoor shower and toilet at poolside.
- Comfortable sunbeds
- Two fully equipped kitchens
- Safety deposit boxes in each room
- Stereo music system for CDs
- Satellite TV and DVD player
- Free wireless internet
- Large relaxation gazebo overlooking ricefields and pool
- Beautifully landscaped gardens with fountains and fish ponds
The following services are included in your villa rate:
- 1st day Full Breakfast. Additional breakfasts at cost of food only. Our Staff will buy, cook and serve your breakfast requirements.
- Driver and vehicle for private airport transfers – 1 arrival and 1 departure
- One drop-off into Ubud per day
- Welcome drink and Fruit
- Drinking Water
- Staff of 6 including Manager, Chef, Driver, Housekeeper, Gardener and Security
Optional services at cost
- Lunch and Dinner at the villa
T raditional Balinese Dance is world famous and you can experience this with live musicians in your villa. See Manager, Kadek.
- Full spa services including massage, manicure and pedicure available only 5 minutes away (massage also available in-house). See Manager, Kadek.
- Full day tours around the island. See Manager, Kadek
Dining at the villa
- 24 hour notice in advance
- Lunch and Dinner can be prepared at the villa and our chefs Ayu and Eka, will assist you in making selections from the in-house menu. Purchase of the necessary fresh ingredients will be at an additional cost. For Lunch and Dinner, 4 adults can expect to pay approximately RP 560,000 (US$65) per day.
Our Manager will provide you with a list of recommended restaurants in the nearby town of Ubud